Research Group Communication Systems
INSTITUT FOR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES - an associated Institute of Ostfalia
IKT is an institute associated with Ostfalia - University of Applied Sciences, which specializes
in the research and development of innovative solutions in the fields of information and
communication technologies, services and applications.
Currently main technology topics are Industry 4.0, Internet of Things, IoT Radio Networks, TSN, SDN and M2M Protocols. Our application focus for these technologies include e.g. Smart Maintenance, I40-as-a-Service, Network Automation and High Avaliablity solutions.
Before, we had our main focus on Voice-over-IP (VoIP) and Next Generation Networks (NGN), in particular on specialized applications of these technologies for railway related communications as well as critical communications.
Contact us if you are currently searching for a partner to collaborate with in designing and prototyping solutions within your application field.
Current & Recent Research Projects are ...
Modellbasierte und bedarfsgerechte Netzwerkkonfiguration für Netzwerke der Automatisierung und
- Fördergeber: Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF)
- Förderkennzeichen: 16KIS0782
Security Referenzmodell Industrie 4.0
- Fördergeber: Niedersächsisches Ministerium für Wissenschaft und Kultur
- Förderkennzeichen: ZN3224
GrowIN 4.0, Growing into Industry 4.0 - Accelerate
Growth in Manufacturing SME's
- Fördergeber: European Union, Interreg North Sea - European Regional Development Fund
INAASCA, Integrated Network-as-a-Service
Solution as Part of Cloud IT Application Portfolio
- Fördergeber: Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Energie (BMWi)
- Förderkennzeichen: ZF4113601
- TITAN, Industry-funded
- Karat, Industry-funded
- Industry 4.0 (I40), IoT
- IoT Radio Networks, LoRa, NB-IoT
- Integrated I40 solutions like Smart Maintenance
- M2M Protocols, OPC-UA, MQTT
- OpenStandard Communication Protocols
- Time Sensitive Networks (TSN)
- SDN – Software Defined Networks, OpenFlow, OF-Config
- NFV - Network Function Virtualisation, OpenStack
- Unified Communications (UC), Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Web RealTime Communication (WebRTC)
- All-IP Mobile Communication, LTE
- Critical Communications, TETRA–LTE
- IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem)
- Realtime Communication Networks
- Analysis of „VoIP-Readiness“, Security in VoIP-Systems
- Testing of Communication Protocols and Systems
- Conformity Tests, TTCN-3
- Interoperability Tests, Stress Tests
- Development / Integration of OpenStandard Network Elements
- Contributions to Open Source Projects
Cooperations and Partners
In recent years, the field of telecommunications has cooperated in different ways with various companies and organizations in the region. These include e.g. feasibility studies and prototype development as well as network analysis and network design in direct order, technology development as part of funded research projects, expert opinions or trainings. Some cooperation partners of the last years can be seen below.