German language prerequisites and DSH course
For admission to the Ostfalia University one of the following German language certificates is mandatory:
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom der KMK (zweite Stufe)
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber (DSH 2)
- TestDaF (nur bei Erreichen von insgesamt 16 TDN)
- Telc Zertifikat Hochschule C1
- Prüfung zur Feststellung der Eignung ausländischer Studienbewerber/innen für die Aufnahme eines Studiums an Hochschulen der Bundesrepublik Deutschland (Feststellungsprüfung)
- Goethe-Zertifikat C2
- Proof of the necessary knowledge of German by a school leaving certificate which is equivalent to the German general higher entrance qualification (Abitur).
DSH preparation course at the Ostfalia University
If you do not have any of these certificates,you can possibly take part in our three week intensive preparation course for the DSH exam.
To participate you need to prove with a certificate that you have German language proficiency on level B2.
Further information as to the conditions of participation, the costs and course hours can be found here (only available in German).
The DSH exam takes place twice a year at the Ostfalia University.
The exam can only be repeated once (this applies to any university in Germany)!
You can not be accepted for the DSH if
- you have failed the exam twice already;
- you have already failed the exam during the current semester;
- you do not intend to study full-time (e.g. guest student);
- you do not have an accredited qualification for admission to higher education.
Admission after the DSH exam
Please note that you will not be enrolled at the Ostfalia while taking part in the the prepatory course and the DSH exam.
An admission to a degree programme is only possible after passing the exam, the following semester at the earliest. A prerequisite for admission is a complete application within the deadline.
Please note that admission cannot be guaranteed after passing the DHS exam.