Entry requirements

EU citizens need a valid passport or identy card when entering to Germany. After their arrival they have to register at the local town hall. They have to give notification before leaving Germany.

Non EU citizens need to check which kind of permit they need in order to study in Germany. They should get in touch with the German consulate in their home country. Normally, a visa for studies is required.

Health insurance

EU citizens are covered by our national health scheme. Please ad a copy of your European Health Insurance Card to your application documents. Please make sure that this card is valid during your whole stay in Germany.

Non EU citizens have to join the national public health insurance. The contribution is aprox. 90€ per month for a student under 30 .

Cost of Living

Accommodation from 250€ to 400€ per month

Health insurance 90€ per month

Admin fee 250-350 € depending on the campus (local transport is always included)



Accommodation for exchange and Erasmus students is provided by Studentenwerk Ostniedersachsen. Your application for a room in a shared flat is managed by our incoming advisor.

to top