Recruiting Young Talent and Retaining Professionals in the Metropolregion
The project ingenieurregion.de aims to get people enthusiastic about technology and convince those with an entrance qualification to study engineering. Graduates are retained in the Metropolregion (one of eleven metropolitan regions in Germany) and more engineers are being convinced to work in this area.
In order to achieve these aims, an interactive platform is currently being developed. On this platform the users participate in lectures, discussions, workshops, presentations etc. online. They deal with science and technology in a practice-oriented, transdisciplinary way. As a result, the users are encouraged to study engineering. Additionally, the platform points out attractive career prospects in the Metropolregion.
- Cooperation partners: VDI Braunschweiger Bezirksverein e.V. (The Association of German Engineers, regional association in Braunschweig) as well as VDI Bezirksverein Hannover e.V. (regional association in Hannover)
- Project funding: Amt für regionale Landesentwicklung (ArL) Leine-Weser (regional development office of Leine-Weser, administrative district in the Federal State Lower Saxony)
- In collaboration with the Metropolregion (one of eleven metropolitan regions in Germany)
- Over 20 regional supporters from the educational, scientific, economic and political sector
- Project duration: 15 April 2018 - 15 April 2021
- Project budget: approx. €400,000 (half co-payment by the three partners)
- Project leader: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gert Bikker
- Project coordinator: Angelina Capelle
Your contact person is Angelina Capelle