Building bridges between two universities and the region’s economy and society
The Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences and the Technical University of Braunschweig will be jointly strengthening exchanges with the region's businesses.
Both universities have well-networked, professional services dealing with technology transfer. Furthermore, there are already examples of the long-standing and successful co-operation between the two universities, which the new TransferHub38 hopes to emulate. For example, the joint Entrepreneurship Hub promotes start-up culture, and there is joint advice on funding at EU level, available via the universities’ European Office. The TransferHub38 aims to expand the existing structures and link them in a systematic fashion. For this purpose, the transfer strategies of the Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences and the Technical University of Braunschweig will be merged and a new, joint structure will be created.
The core of this new structure is a so-called “One Stop Agency”. In the form of an online platform, it serves as a central contact point for partners from business and society.
- joint project of the Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences and the Technical University of Braunschweig
- project leaders: Dr. Martina Lange (Ostfalia) and Jörg Saathoff (TU Braunschweig)
- project duration: 01.07.2019 - 30.06.2024
- funding volume: approx. 1.5 million euros
- project funding:
- over 10 regional project supporters from business, politics and education
Objectives of the project:
- to develop a joint online platform as a contact point for partners from business and society (One Stop Agency)
- to create a joint research and service portfolio
- to achieve a higher visibility in the region through a joint science communication and joint transfer events
- to develop concepts for new target groups, motivation and advice for start-ups by the Entrepreneurship Hub
- continuous monitoring of transfer success factors
The press release on the project start of the TransferHub38 and the handover of the funding decision can be found here.
Your contact persons are
Martina Lange (project leader)
Dagmar Wilgeroth (Entrepreneuship Hub)